Sunday, November 15, 2015

THE COAST OF MAINE JULY 2015


A note :

As this is my last day in New England that I will have to work on this blog,
I do not have time to quite finish it.  So I put in all the photos , gave a few brief comments, and at least designated what each place was. 
I will publish it as is but will come back to it and edit it and add more commentary when I get re-settled in California. 





STONINGTON








































































CAMDEN

































































ROCKPORT













ROCKLAND



LUNCH AT ARCHERS 





























WISCASSET
















BOOTHBAY

















































































































( Shout out to Avalon, Kobe and Cashel!)







Or swing on a swing!





WE loved the Topside Inn so much we changed our travel plans and stayed here one more night.
As our first room was booked by someone else we changed rooms.
This one was not in the main house but had a wonderful balcony porch with a view. 
Did I say how much I love this place?
















SOUTHPORT  

So happy I had a foggy morning.  I love these  photos taken in the mist.















The fog was too thick to see any of the lighthouses here.
But the atmosphere was worth it. 







BATH




FREEPORT  
























Just when you thought you'd seen every way to prepare lobster...
Lobstickles?
Love it!













I have indeed fallen in love with Maine.  Especially the coast.
Every nook and craggy cranny revealed something special.
Sometimes it was a spectacular vista and sometimes it was like a quiet, perfect still life painting.
And always, always there was a achingly charming little town that you never wanted to leave.

Maine, I am so happy and so blessed I had the opportunity to get to know you better.
I leave you taking so many bright memories with me.
We rejoice in your wild and unspoiled beauty
and simple ways.









No comments:

Post a Comment